Covid-19 Updates and Information
Services are currently available both online and in person. Please ensure to wear a mask to services and to practice social distancing.
To view the live stream for services, please visit our Facebook live page: https://www.facebook.com/AssumptionEastMoline/live_videos/
To view the complete letter from Fr Thomas on Covid-19 procedures, please click here, or see our complete procedures for attending the Liturgy below.
Before Attending Service: Thinking about attending.
- Those who display symptoms of COVID-19 or who are otherwise not feeling well are asked to refrain from attending services.
- There will not be books in the pew back as we are accustomed to. If you wish to follow along with the service you may bring a copy or a device to follow along from. Links to each service will be included in the Assumption Weekly Update e-mail.
- Masks are required for entry into the church. Only those 2 years old and under are exempt. If you forget your mask there will be masks available for you at church.
- Make every effort to arrive on time for service. Orthros begins at 8:30 a.m. and the Divine Liturgy begins at 9:30 a.m.
During Services: What to expect during church.
- Entry into the church will be through the courtyard doors. The doors to the building will be locked and an usher will let you in.
- Upon entering the building you must disinfect your hands using the alcohol based solution
- provided as you enter the Narthex.
- A gloved usher will distribute candles and record names for contact-tracing purposes.
- Please limit veneration of icons to bowing only.
- Ushers will direct parishioners on seating before they enter the Nave.
- Households will be seated together and must maintain 6ft separation from other congregants.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the conclusion of the Liturgy.
- Ushers will inform you when it is your turn to approach for Holy Communion. You will be dismissed out through the side aisles; do not leave your pew without their direction.
- Everyone should then walk towards the front of the church.
- Those not intending to receive Holy communion will receive a blessing from a distance and proceed down the center aisle towards the back of the church.
- Those intending to receive Holy communion must adhere to the following:
- Remove your mask
- Disinfect your hands (sanitizer stations will be at the front as you approach)
- Receive Holy Communion
- The distribution of Holy Communion will take place as usual with the spoon/chalice.
- Do not handle the communion cloth unless it is to prevent or soak up a spill. (After a cloth is touched it will be replaced)
- Replace your mask
- Disinfect hands once more
- Then proceed down the center aisle towards the back of the church.
After Service: Leaving church
- Antidoron will not be available at the time of receiving Holy Communion or after Liturgy.
- Everyone is required to exit the church building, again through the courtyard doors, after they have proceeded towards the back of the church.
- There is no fellowship hour or social congregating at church after Divine Liturgy.
- Avoid the urge to greet/embrace one another in the hall and courtyard.
- Lastly, if within 14 days of attending service you are diagnosed with COVID-19 please contact us so that we can confidentially alert those who were also present on that day.
Thursday of the 10th Week
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.
Upcoming Services & Events